Thursday, April 23, 2009

surprise surprise

i bought some hyvee rice krispies tonight.
along with the discounted 2-man chinese dinner.. $9.99, are they out of their miiiind??

the dinner was delicious. we sit corners in the linneman fam and my poor sweet husband and i both seemed to be having trouble not just staring straight ahead of us rather than slightly to the side to see each other. it was that kind of day for both of us i suppose - jeremy blames greek and i blame sitting all day under the super hot lights at the seed. (sidenote: i turned on the air conditioning this afternoon after noting the thermostat read 82.)

after dinner, j.s. went to the office to work on greek some more and i enjoyed a lovely conversation with my mother-in-law (love that dawn knew my top choice in cribs by name and shared my affection for the espresso finish) followed by another lovely conversation with my sister, rachel (also love that rachel wore my prom dress to her prom this weekend and told me i was old, oh, and a mom, for not knowing about the song "love story" by taylor swift).

there is a baby shower for babe linn this coming sunday and i can't seem to figure out if i'm supposed to know about it. my family loves surprises and even though it's pretty obvious from the "oh, mannn... we all have to go to grandpa bill's birthday this weekend.. will you be in town?" a couple weeks ahead of time, it's still kind of fun to pretend to be surprised. pretty sure i carried on about not having annnny idea all the way to thank you notes one time. megan asked me a couple of days ago if i could come in town on sunday to help clean the basement so i should probably be there.

so, i'll be in st. charles on sunday.. "cleaning the basement" or wait, "looking at amy & jeff's new bathtub" no, sorry, "cleaning jeff & amy's basement" or something. :)

love.

2 comments:

Natalie Freeman said...

have fun at babe linn's showerrrr!

& I had a similar day today. now I'm just waiting for these brownies to finish baking for Mustard Seed. I'm pooped!

EmmaBfromtheWG said...

baby linn baby shower...the only down fall to not coming back to STL this summer, is that i'll miss meeting that kid right when they make their entrance into the world!

oh well, maybe i should move LA to Como after,so i can make up for lost time =)