Tuesday, April 7, 2009

bday

yesterday was my birthday.
twenty-five.

i believe belated happy birthdays are in order. just kidding. :)

the entire day i had two things going through my mind, both different expressions of it being my birthday.

the first was my grandma mcd, who jeremy sometimes calls grandma bill because he met her i think at her wedding when she married grandpa bill, saying "today is my birthday." but not just saying "today is my birthday." a long time ago, i went with my family to celebrate her birthday at applebee's and when the servers all gathered around her and rapped/chanted "today is your birthday!... happy, happy birthday!..." with room in between for people to repeat their words, grandma mcd actually said to herself in this really quiet voice "today is my birthday" and they continued to yell/chant at her before singing "happy, happy birthday from all of us to you. we're glad it is your birthday so we sing this song to you.. hey!" it was pretty amazing. i'm pretty sure i think about it every birthday i have.

the second expression was simply "it's my.. BIRTHday! it's my birthday, it's my birthday." from the saturday night live parody of oprah's favorite things birthday ediiiiiition. if you haven't seen it, it's the one where oprah talks about all of the famous people who like her favorite things, particularly, these amazing MACaroons that salma hayek just loves.

so anyway. it was my birthday, and i'm now officially 25 years and one day old.

in other news, realsimple came in the mail today, so i think i'm going to go read it. i don't think being in front of a cash register computer and now this one all day can be good for me. or the babe. soon to change.

3 comments:

Jess said...

yes, happy BIRTHday! the day your mother birthed you, whoa.
and yes, Finn has teeth. he started teething at 4 months - yikes. two bottom ones, and soon to be one top one for a grand total of 3. yay, Finn!

Natalie Freeman said...

Okay first of all... I KNEW WE WERE SOUL MATES!!! because my birthday is on SATURDAY! Yesssss! I KNEW you were an Aries, haha! You're totally an Aries, just like me. (Don't ask me why I know so much about stupid Zodiac signs, it's embarrassing!)

Also, YOU READ REALSIMPLE, TOO?! Yesss! Me too! Luke got me a copy for our one year. Wow, we're just made for each other!

:)

LaurenW said...

did you get my email?! i want to know what jeremy got you, ps. i LOVE reading your blog so much. And this post before this one was incredible because i need your random thoughts when I am so far away.....