Wednesday, March 25, 2009

spring/lunch break

i feel so accomplished.

it seems my time is a lot more productive when i make a list. and today, strangely, my accomplishments thus far weren't even on the list. maybe the action of making a list is enough in itself to motivate me and the things i need to do just happen and somehow it's 12:57 and all of the worthless packing materials are purged and the worthwhile are organized and my brain is that much clearer.

oh, and it's spring break in columbia meaning i have also been motivated to take the liberty of playing the (gasp) taylor swift pandora station. yes, it looks like rascal flatts is in fact mustard seed friendly this week. but probably not next week. sometimes store music just gets so old, you know?

also, i just witnessed a granddaughter-grandmother shopping trip. visions of dawn and our little girl/boy walking in and out of little stores. although i don't actually think that baby daddy would be big on a grandma-grandson shopping trip.

when we were driving home from kansas city, i was looking at a march of dimes brochure that had a picture of a little girl around 3 years old with glasses. jeremy asked me if our daughter had to get glasses, if i would get her trendy dark rimmed glasses and a pair for myself to match just so she wouldn't feel so self-conscious about them. i think i would. and that thought makes me so stinking excited. i mean, not that i am super pumped about the possibility that our kids could have vision problems (might i add that my vision is actually perfect.. it's true), but i guess it's more of the role a mom would play in a situation like that.

so anyway, back to work. lunch is over. happy wednesday!

3 comments:

Natalie Freeman said...

You are so cool; you just blow my mind! Hahaha! I love your posts; they make me smile so so so much!

LaurenW said...

taylor swift, grandmothers and cute glasses--some of my favorite things. miss you, jessie.

Jess said...

I like that idea - matching glasses. My vision is also perfect. ; )